Valentine's Day is the perfect time to snuggle up with your special someone and watch a romantic movie. But, let’s face it, there are so many movies out there, you can easily spend hours scrolling through Netflix before choosing the right one.
So, to help you spend less time searching and more time enjoying a movie that gives you all the emotions, we've rounded up 15 of the best movies to watch on Valentine's Day (in 2023). Whether you're in the mood for a classic love story or a more modern take on romance, this list will have everything you need to make your Valentine’s Day even sweeter and more memorable.
- The Notebook A classic love story that will make you believe in the power of love. Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams play a young couple whose love endures the test of time. The actors give powerful performances as the young couple and their chemistry on-screen is palpable. Watching it with your Valentine will be a perfect opportunity to bond over the movie's emotional and powerful story.
- It's Complicated This romantic comedy stars Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin as a divorced couple who reconnect and start an affair. It's a hilarious and relatable take on the complications of love in midlife and the challenges of dating and finding love later in life. The film is directed by Nancy Meyers, known for her ability to craft relatable and witty stories that make people laugh and feel understood.
- Notting Hill This charming British romantic comedy stars Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant as a famous actress and a bookstore owner who fall in love. It's a sweet and heartwarming film that will make you believe in love at first sight. It is also filmed in beautiful Notting Hill, London, and the film's cinematography captures its beauty and atmosphere perfectly, making this romance even sweeter.
- The Big Sick The Big Sick is a romantic comedy-drama film that tells the story of a Pakistani-American comedian and a grad student who fall in love and navigate their relationship while she is in a coma. But what makes this movie truly special is that it is based on the real-life romance of the film's lead actor and co-writer, Kumail Nanjiani, and his wife, Emily V. Gordon, which makes the story even more compelling and authentic.
- Titanic This epic romance is set on the ill-fated ship and follows the love story between a wealthy socialite and a penniless artist. Titanic is a visually stunning film, with breathtaking cinematography and special effects that transport audiences back to 1912. Directed by James Cameron, the film's attention to detail and historical accuracy make it an immersive and engaging experience. The actors, Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet, are brilliant, carrying you through their love story with a wild range of emotions that very few have been able to achieve.
- Crazy Stupid Love This romantic comedy-drama stars Steve Carell as a middle-aged man who, after his wife asks for a divorce, seeks the help of a handsome young man (Ryan Gosling) to help him get over his heartbreak and learn how to pick up women. Crazy Stupid Love is a fun look at the ups and downs of dating in midlife as well as rediscovering who you are and what is truly important to you. This movie is funny and heartfelt, striking the perfect balance between humor and drama.
- Moulin Rouge Moulin Rouge is a critically acclaimed and award-winning musical romantic drama film directed by Baz Luhrmann, starring Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman. It is set in turn-of-the-century Paris and follows a young poet who falls in love with a courtesan at the famous Moulin Rouge nightclub. It's a visually stunning film that will make you believe in love, no matter what obstacles life throws at you.
- Pride and Prejudice A classic romance novel written by Jane Austen in 1813, the film adaptation of Pride and Prejudice is known for its beautiful and elegant settings, costumes, and cinematography, which transport audiences back to 19th-century England. This classic romance tells the story of the Bennett sisters, including Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy, and their romantic pursuits. It's a timeless love story that will make you believe in the power of true love.
- You've Got Mail This romantic comedy stars Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan as rival bookstore owners who fall in love over email, without knowing each other's true identities. It's a fun and relatable look at the power of technology to bring people together. With a great cast, an engaging storyline and a great blend of humor and drama, You’ve Got Mail is a perfect choice for a romantic comedy this coming Valentine's Day.
- A Star is Born (2018) This romantic drama stars Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga as a musician and a struggling artist who fall in love and try to make it in the music industry together. The film explores the complexities of love and relationships in a raw and authentic way. The love story is powerful and intense, taking the audience into the most intimate moments of a couple’s journey together, making it a movie that will resonate with audiences of all ages.
- Crazy Rich Asians Crazy Rich Asians stars Constance Wu and Henry Golding as a couple whose relationship is put to the test when they travel to Singapore for a wedding and she discovers he's from one of the wealthiest families in Asia. It's a fun and relatable look at the challenges of navigating love and culture. Crazy Rich Asians is known for its all-Asian cast, which is a refreshing change from the typical Hollywood romantic comedies, it highlights the importance of representation and diversity in the entertainment industry.
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall This romantic comedy stars Jason Segel as a man who, after being dumped by his celebrity girlfriend (Kristen Bell), goes to Hawaii to try to get over her, only to run into her and her new boyfriend. It's a hilarious and relatable take on the ups and downs of dating, dealing with a break-up and moving on. Get ready to laugh your heart out while still rooting for Jason as he finds happiness again.
- Dirty Dancing Who doesn’t know about Dirty Dancing? This iconic romance stars Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze as a young woman and a dance instructor who fall in love during a summer at a Catskills resort. It's a classic love story that you and your Valentine can relax to, or, dare we say, dance along with.
- When Harry Met Sally This classic romantic comedy stars Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan as two friends who, over the course of several years, try to figure out if they should be more than friends. It’s hilariously relatable and will have you and your Valentine debating how true the gender stereotypes are. But more importantly, it portrays a genuine love story, one that blossoms over time and has friendship as its solid foundation.
- Valentine’s Day This charming, star-studded flick is not just any ordinary romantic comedy, but a celebration of love in all its forms. From first dates to long-term relationships, from heartbreak to happily ever after, "Valentine's Day" takes you on a journey through the ups and downs of love and all its intricacies. With A-listers like Julia Roberts, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Alba, and Ashton Kutcher, you're guaranteed to be entertained from start to finish.
Find Someone Special And Create Memories Together The professional matchmakers at It’s Just Lunch use intuition and your preferences, not algorithms, to curate high-quality matches and arrange fun first dates for singles worldwide. For over 31 years, they’ve set up more than two million first dates and counting. Get in touch with a matchmaker to learn more.
Valentine's Day, often labeled as the day of love, can be both exhilarating and overwhelming for individuals navigating the complex world of dating
Dear Reader: With The Big Game right around the corner and football continuing to see Sparks Fly this season, many
As we step into the ever-evolving landscape of love, the world of dating is no exception to change.